Tags

,

I saw a headline on the local newspaper today saying that smoldering fireworks had caused fire damage to a family home.  According to the article, the family had a celebration over the weekend and had disposed of their spent fireworks cartridges in a trash can.  The fireworks smoldered overnight, catching fire and burning part of their home the next morning.  The article reported $100,000 damage to the home.  The advice I give is that, in the future (next month or next year, every time you set off fireworks), soak the spent fireworks in a bucket of water to make sure they won’t start burning something else.  It may be a little inconvenient, but it’s those little inconveniences that help us …

Be Safe!

Keith Steele

Advertisements